Copyright and industrial property in Kazakhstan: what is required to know about an intellectual property Printable versionLast update: 12.04.2021
Each product of human thought and activity has its value. Every citizen has a legal right to protect their own inventions, works of science, literature and art, the other results of intellectual activities (Article 14 of the Civil Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan). In this article you will learn that relates to intellectual property rights and how to protect it.
What is intellectual property?
Intellectual property - these are the results of creative intellectual activity and means of individualization of participants in civil commerce, goods, works or services. In other words, the intellectual property is divided into two types: the first - this is a work of art, the creative and scientific developments, know-how, the second type includes what the company or person may be different from the rest, trademark, logo, slogan, etc. Such a classification is reflected in Article 961 of the Civil Code.
By the results of intellectual creative activity, including:
- works of science, literature and art;
- performances, phonograms, and transmission of broadcasting and cable broadcasting;
- inventions, utility models, industrial designs;
- selection achievements;
- integrated circuits;
- undisclosed information, including trade secrets (know-how);
- other results of intellectual creative activity in the cases stipulated by the Civil Code or other normative legal acts.
By means of identification of participants in civil, goods, works or services are:
- brand names;
- trademarks (service marks);
- appellations of origin (designation of origin) of the goods;
- other means of identification of participants in civil, goods and services in the cases provided by the Civil Code and legislative acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Types of intellectual property rights
Procedure for entering information and their changes into the State Register of Rights to Copyright Protected Objects
For additional questions, you can contact the Call-Center of the National Institute of Intellectual Property RSE at the numbers 8 (7172) 62-15-15, 62-15-18, as well as via electronic communication email@example.com