If there are any mistakes in documents or how to make changes in identity card or certificate Printable versionLast update: 29.01.2019
Many of us face the situation when there are some mistakes and inaccuracies by different reasons in registration documents (birth certificate, marriage, divorce, death certificates and others). Such situations are not only unpleasant but also can complicate the process of issuance of other important documents in future. To avoid waste of time and efforts it’s better to take necessary measures on time. In this article you will learn what to do if there are any mistakes in birth, marriage, death certificates, where to apply for their correction and what documents are necessary for that.
Bodies of civil registry office make records on civil condition of Kazakhstan people which fix the events and actions entailing the accrual, change or termination of rights and obligations and characterizing legal condition.
What action does civil registry office register?
According to the Rules of organization of state registration of civil condition acts, making of changes, recovery, cancelation of records of civil condition acts registering bodies realizes following actions:
- carries out state registration of birth, death, marriage and divorcement, adoption, paternity, chаnge of name, surname, patronymic, gender;
- change, add, correct and cancel the records of civil status acts;
- recover lost records ;
- Issue primary and secondary certificates, references, copies of records of civil status acts;
- provide safety of civil registry books.
In what cases it is possible to change the data in certificate and acts of civil status?
What documents are required for implementation of specifications, additions, changes and corrections in documents
For correction, specification and change of documents one must apply to Civil registry office at the place of permanent residence. Application should be attached with documents confirming the necessity of making changes or correction in documents. Below you can see the links passing through you will see the full list of required documents in your particular situation.
- Registration of birth including making amendments, addition and corrections in the vital record
- Registration of death which includes making amendments, addition and corrections in the vital record
- Marriage registration which includes making amendments, addition and corrections in the vital record
- Divorce registration including making amendments, addition and corrections in the vital record
- Registration of the establishment of paternity including making amendments, addition and corrections in the vital record
- Registration of the adoption including making amendments, addition and corrections in the vital record
- Registration of the last name, middle name and first name change including making amendments, addition and corrections in the vital record
If the record is correct but was lost you can see required documents and order of re-issuance of records of civil status acts. And if the certificate became invalid you can see how to change it on the page – getting of repeated certificates and references on registration of civil status acts.
Amount of payments for registration of acts of civil status and getting of certificate and references in Civil Registry office
Correct writing of surname, name and patronymic on Kazakh and Russian languages in documents
Change of name, surname or nationality of child upon divorcement and other situations