Cybersecurity is an activity aimed at ensuring the protection of users, their information systems, networks, and programs from digital attacks.
The main purpose of such cyberattacks can be both obtaining confidential user information for further abuse of this information for the hacker's own purposes, and disrupting the work of an entire business process. Therefore, especially in the context of government departments and large private organizations, for Kazakhstan as well as for other countries of the world, one of the main tasks for an effective and safe presence on the Internet is precisely the development of the cybersecurity sphere.
The purpose of the "CYBERSHIELD of Kazakhstan" concept is to achieve and maintain the level of protection of electronic information resources, information systems and information and communication infrastructure from external and internal threats ensuring sustainable development of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the conditions of global competition. About the "Cybershield"concept.
The General Data Protection Regulation (Personal Data Protection Regulations) is a law directly applicable in 28 member states of the European Union. On the basis of the general regulation, Data Protection Agency will operate in Kazakhstan.
- To regulate public relations in the field of personal data, there is the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On Personal Data and its Protection"
- Specifics of protection of personal data in electronic form for state systems are defined in the Law of the RK "On informatization"
- Liability for violation of the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan on personal data and their protection is established
- Regulatory and legal regulation of personal data protection
- Protection of the rights of personal data subjects
- Control over compliance with personal data protection requirements
- Bringing the field of personal data processing in compliance with the requirements of the best world practices (GDPR)
- Increasing the attractiveness of the digital economy for citizens and businesses
- Promoting the development of the information security industry
- Increasing public and business confidence in the state
- Kazakhstan climbs in the ITU Global Cybersecurity Index
- The draft amendments to the legislation aimed at strengthening the protection of personal data have been re-published for public discussion
- Kazakhstanis can make proposals to the Rules for the development of the use and distribution of domain names
- Kazakhstanis can make proposals to the bill to strengthen the protection of personal data
- Exercise "Cybersecurity Nur-Sultan - 2020" has ended