In 2017, over 34 million public services were delivered to Kazakhstan citizens via the e-Government infrastructure. Total number of services rendered years to date had exceeded 200 million.
Top popular e-services in 2017 include:
In the “Family” section:
- Issuance of residential address certificates: 22 431 707,
- Putting a kid into the waiting list for kindergarten: 92 945,
- Submitting an e-application for marriage registration: 79 396.
It is worth mentioning that in the same period 4 291 applications were submitted for dissolution of marriage.
- Submitting an e-application for registration of birth: 18 484.
In the “Real Estate” section:
- Issuance of abstract of ownership/non-ownership of real estate: 5 212 126,
- Obtainment of statement of the registered titles/encumbrances to real estate and technical parameters thereof: 5 528 972.
In the “Business” section:
- Obtainment of abstract of the registered legal entity, branch, or representative office: 761 673,
- State registration of legal entities: 33 421,
- State registration of termination of a legal entity, deregistration of branch and representative office: 281.
Furthermore, Kazakhstani citizens highly estimate the convenience in online payment of taxes, penalties, etc. at eGov.kz. In 2017, payments for the amount of over KZT 17 billion were made via eGov Payment Gateway.
In the recent three years, the citizens’ transactions grew twice, from 639715 in 2014 to 1 907 932 transactions in 2017. In total, the amount of all payments for the service’s effective period on the portal was more than KZT 46 billion.
Annually, the number of digital signatures issued has been growing.
Thus, in 2017 6 488 045 digital signatures were issued in Kazakhstan, of which more than 1.5 million embedded in ID cards.
By late 2017, the number of the registered egov portal users reached 7 million. More than one million users were registered within 2017, including 1 023 652 individuals and 45 912 legal entities.
Altogether, over 34 million services were delivered to citizens via eGov.kz portal in 2017, and the 1414 Call Center processed more than 4.3 million applications.
Note that currently 237 services are accessible to citizens at the eGov.kz portal and 215 at the eLicense.kz portal.