What is to be done when facing corruption? Printable versionLast update: 21.04.2023
Corruption is a threat to national security, well-being of each family, bright future of our children and development of the country in general.
Pursuant to the law, any person has the right to actively participate in countering the evil.
A person assisting in combating corruption is protected by the State (Clause 3 of Article 24 of the Law "On Corruption Control").
Information about such a person is a state secret.
If you believe that you have witnessed or became a victim of corruption, you can report it in one of the following ways:
- Call to the Call Center of the Corruption Control Service at free-of-charge number 1424 using a mobile or fixed-line phone and operators will provide detailed information on further steps or ensure an immediate response to curb corruption.
- Write to the postal address: 37 Seifullin str., 010000, Nur-Sultan, Corruption Control Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan (Corruption Control Service) or to the territorial departments of the Agency at the place of residence (stay).
- Send an appeal through the online service of the e-Government portal (egov.kz) (requires a digital signature (DS).
- Write to the blog of Chairman of the Agency on the "Open Dialogue" website or on the Agency's website.
- Write to the Agency's e-mail: email@example.com
Compensation may be paid for the information provided by you (Clause 7 of Article 4 and Clause 3 of Article 24 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On Corruption Control").
The compensation is given for:
- report on the fact of a corruption offense;
- information about the location of a wanted person who committed a corruption offense (the list can be viewed on the official website of the Corruption Control Service);
- other assistance that was subsequently important for detection, suppression, disclosure and investigation of a corruption offense.
How much money can one get?
From 30 MCI (in 2022 it was about KZT 88 thousand) to 4000 MCI (KZT 11.6 million).
You can find out more about the compensation conditions in the Rules for encouraging persons who have reported the fact of a corruption offense or otherwise assist in combating corruption (Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 1131 as of December 30, 2015)
To get compensation, one needs to:
- apply to an authority that has been assisted;
- write an application;
- attach a copy of a national ID and bank details.
Let's eradicate corruption together!