Repatriate in Kazakhstan: help, privileges, adaptation Printable versionLast update: 29.05.2020
Oralmans are foreigners or persons of Kazakh nationality who do not have citizenship at the time of gaining state sovereignty by Kazakhstan and who came to Kazakhstan in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan for permanent residence. The very concept of "oralman" (translated to Kazakh means "returned") is unique, because in world practice it is unknown. Oralmans like other immigrants are required to register for a temporary or permanent place of residence. Oralmans have the right to quota and benefits from the state, described below.
Measures of state support provided to oralmans, ethnic Kazakhs and their families.
Persons who have received "oralman status" and members of their families are provided with:
- Free adaptation and integration services in the centers of adaptation and integration of oralmans, which include:
- provision of information and reference services;
- provision of translation services;
- assistance in employment, vocational training, retraining and advanced training;
- conducting training courses on the history, culture and traditions of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the basics of legislation and the opening of a small business;
- various cultural events;
- legal assistance (advice, consultations and assistance in registration, application for inclusion in the regional quota of oralmans, citizenship, social benefits);
- assistance in issues of acquisition of Kazakhstan citizenship and documentation;
- assistance in obtaining a guaranteed volume of free medical care;
- teaching Russian and state languages;
- assistance in obtaining state targeted social assistance.
- Medical assistance in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of healthcare.
- When enrolling in an education organization that implements educational programs for technical and vocational, post-secondary and higher education, a quota of admission for persons of Kazakh nationality who are not citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the amount determined by the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan is provided.
- Social protection on a par with citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Assistance in employment in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
According to the Laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On Targeted Social Assistance", "On Special State Benefits in the Republic of Kazakhstan" oralmans with an average per capita income not exceeding the poverty line have the right to targeted social assistance and special state benefits on a par with citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
In accordance with the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated June 21, 20136 "On Pensions in the Republic of Kazakhstan" oralmans permanently residing in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan, enjoy the right to pension provision on an equal basis with citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
According to the Land Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the provision of land plots for the conduct of personal part-time farming, gardening and dacha construction to oralmans is carried out on the basis of the right of temporary gratuitous land use from the land of rural settlements, agricultural purpose, immigration land fund, special land fund and reserve lands.
In turn, the provision of land for the management of peasant or farming and commodity agricultural production for oralmans on the right of temporary land use is carried out from agricultural land, special land fund, immigration land fund and reserve lands.
Material aid to oralmans: benefits, allowances, payments
What rules should the oralman observe and in what cases he can be deprived of payments?
Where should I go and what documents do I need?