How to get the service online
- Log in on the portal and click the Request Online button.
- Fill out the application and sign it by EDS (electronic digital signature) or by SMS-password (be sure to have registration in the mobile citizens database).
- In personal account (in the History of Services section), read the notice of processing your application, which will be received within the specified time.
How to get the service in a state agency (required documents):
- Application for state registration of change of name, patronymic (if any), surname.
- Birth certificate of the service recipient (for verification).
- Certificate of marriage (matrimony), if the service recipient is married (for verification).
- Birth certificate of a child, if the service recipient has minor children (for verification).
- A court decision on adoption (or a certificate of adoption), or a certificate of paternity, if any, were registered by the registration authorities (for verification).
- The certificate of dissolution of marriage (matrimony) if the applicant seeks to award him the maiden names in connection with a dissolution of marriage (matrimony) (for verification).
- Two photographs of the applicant of 3x4 cm.
- Detailed curriculum vitae of the applicant, written to them personally with an explanation of the reasons for the change of name, patronymic (if any) and surname.
- ID or passport of a citizen of the Republic of Kazakhstan (troops – the document proving the identity, and to persons under the age of sixteen and who have not obtained a passport, birth certificate) (for verification), for foreign citizens passport of the foreign sample (for verification) with notarized translation into state or Russian language.
- Original document confirming payment of the consular fee.
- If necessary, the service provider requests additional documents confirming the reasons for which the service recipient requests to change the name, patronymic, and surname.
Documents that are issued or certified by a competent institution of a foreign state or a specially authorized person, within its competence and in the prescribed form, sealed with the official seal of a foreign state, are accepted only after passing the procedure of special certification (legalization or apostille) (not required for countries parties to the Convention on legal assistance and legal relations in civil, family and criminal matters, done in Minsk on January 22, 1993, ratified by the decree of the Supreme Council of the Republic of Kazakhstan of 31 March 1993, and the Convention on legal assistance and legal relations in civil, family and criminal matters, done in the city of Kishinev on 7 October 2002, ratified by the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan of 10 March 2004).
Documents issued outside the Republic of Kazakhstan in the language of the relevant foreign state are subject to translation into the state or Russian language.