How to get the service in a state body (required documents):
- Application (with the indication of: a captain's personal information, a name of the vessel, nationality of the captain, a port of the captain's registration, an information on the owner of the vessel, a route of the vessel's movement, coordinates of the place of the incident, the nature and volume of the cargo carried, a number of passengers, the essence of the marine accident (sea accident), consequences of the sea incident).
- Applicant's identity document (original and copy).
- Ship's journal and its statement (original).
- Payment receipt (original).
Statement of maritime protest is filed if the incident occurred:
- In the seaport within twenty-four hours from the time of the incident.
- During the voyage of the vessel within twenty-four hours from the arrival of the ship or the captain of the vessel to the first seaport after the incident.
The official of the service provider, after accepting the application for a marine protest, shall draw up an act of maritime protest on the basis of the statement of the master of the vessel, the data of the ship's log, the questioning of the master of the vessel and, if necessary, other members of the ship's crew.