What apostil is? Where and how to get it? Printable versionLast update: 30.09.2021
In accordance with The Hague Convention on the documents executed by the competent authorities of one country and intended for use on the territory of another state, the special stamp (apostille) is to be put. According to Article 5 of the Convention apostille authenticates the signature, the capacity of the person signing the document, and when appropriate, the identity of the seal or stamp which the document bears.
The signature, seal and stamp on the certificate by the competent authority, requires no further certification or legalization, and the document on which the apostille can be used in any of the countries - members of the Hague Convention.
In accordance with the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan Decree No 545 of April 24, 2001 the following government agencies have the right to endorse apostille:
- The Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- The Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- The Committee of Information and Archives of the Ministry of Culture and Information of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- The Committee on Court Administration of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- The Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- The General Prosecutor's Office of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- The Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Kazakhstan