Authorization through biometrics will be the option available in the eGov Mobile app. The updates enable citizens using more capabilities in the app and aimed at securing personal data of Kazakhstani citizens.
It became easier to perform authorization in the eGov Mobile app. To do this, one needs to undergo Digital ID video identification and get DS keys. It should be noted that previously logging in was done through a short SMS code or DS keys. From now on, logging in will only be performed via biometrics.
What biometrics-based authorization in the eGov Mobile provides:
- more capabilities, including the subsequent logging in using Face ID, fingerprint or short code (depending on smartphone and settings);
- capability to get push-notifications;
- capability to submit requests via e-Otinish platform, etc.;
- capability to carry on with a service obtainment, if a process has not been completed;
- more reliable personal data protection.
“Previously we received complaints from users that refusal from one-time SMS password causes certain inconveniences during authorization and they do not want to undergo biometrics process. However, Digital ID provides Kazakhstani citizens with more capabilities for service obtainment compared to one-time password. Moreover, authorization process using biometrics became easier and time-efficient. We are also concerned with personal data protection of Kazakhstani citizens and this authorization option has a lot of advantages” marked Rostislav Konyashkin, Chairman of the Board, National Information Technologies JSC.
The detailed video tutorial is available by the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOAPZs2RTo8
Upon successful authorization and generation of DS keys, subsequent logging in to the app will be performed via Face ID, Touch ID (finger print) and/or short code.
It should be noted that the eGov Mobile app contains around 400 eGov.kz public services and e-license services for individuals. Monthly about 2.4 mln Kazakhstani citizens actively use the eGov Mobile app.
The “Digital Documents” service popular among the users contains 18 documents. Today, digital documents can be provided in the following places:
- airports (domestic flights);
- when boarding trains and buying train tickets at KTZH JSC;
- branches of Otbasy Bank JSC and UPSF JSC;
- Beeline mobile communication operator;
- when getting services at second-tier banks (Kaspi.kz, Halyk Bank);
- at Freedom Finance JSC and KazakhTelecom JSC offices;
- when sending/obtaining parcels and performing transactions at KazPost JSC;
- when getting public services at CSCs (except for migration service);
- at exchange offices and notary publics.