ID card is issued to citizens of RK from 16 years old and is valid in the Republic of Kazakhstan. ID card is valid through 10 years.
Passport of RK citizen is issued voluntarily irrespective of age, it identifies person abroad. Passport is valid through 10 years.
**Exempt from payment of state duty for registration of citizens of the RK:
- Heroes of Socialist Labor;
- persons awarded the Order of Glory of three classes and three grades of Labor Glory, "Altyn Kyran", "Otan", awarded the title "Halyk Qaһarmany" "Qazaqtyn Yenbek Yeri";
- mothers with many children who are awarded the title "Mother-Heroine", "Altyn alqa","Kumis alqa";
- participants of the Great Patriotic War and persons equated to them, persons awarded orders and medals of the former Soviet Union for selfless work and impeccable military service in the rear during the Great Patriotic War, people who have worked (served for) at least six months to June 22, 1941 to May 9, 1945 and awarded orders and medals of the former Soviet Union for hard work and an impeccable military service in the rear During the Great Patriotic War, invalids, as well as one of the parents of a child with disabilities;
- the elderly and disabled people living in health and social care institutions for elderly and disabled people of general type, the students of boarding schools, vocational schools and vocational schools that are on full state support and living in dormitories;
- citizens affected by the Chernobyl disaster.