When it is time for parents to send a child to kindergarten, they need reliable information on how to start, where to apply and which actions to perform.
To send a child to kindergarten you first need to put him/her into a waiting list to kindergarten in your locality (city, village, township), wait for your turn, obtain a referral and undergo the procedure of enrollment to kindergarten and gather all the required documents.
In this material we will describe the actions to be taken to send a child to a kindergarten.
How to put a child into a waiting list to kindergarten?
Queue for kindergarten in cities moves slowly and sometimes you can reach your turn in several years just in time when a child is ready to go to kindergarten. That is why it is recommended to put a child into a waiting list to kindergarten after registration of birth.
You can put a child into a waiting list to kindergarten using one of the following options:
To submit an application online, you need to use a separate service:
– Putting a child into a waiting list to kindergarten
In application you need to indicate a child`s IIN, select a desired kindergarten and sign it with digital signature. When your turn come, you will receive a notification with referral to a selected kindergarten.
The same principle is also applied to services delivered by akimats.
If you decided to apply via “Government for Citizens” Public Corporation, you need to submit the following documents:
- childbirth certificate;
- national ID of one of the parents;
- one of the documents (if applicable) to obtain a benefit that enable to obtain a priority or unscheduled place in kindergarten:
- statement of employment issued to a military man or to an employee of a specialized government agency, affixed with the seal and signature of an authorized individual (if available) (valid within a month from the date of issuance);
- statement of employment issued to a teacher, affixed with the seal and signature of chairperson (valid within a month from the date of issuance), scan copy of diploma;
- statement drawn up by a psychological/medical and pedagogical committee for children with special educational needs (if available);
- statement drawn up by a tuberculotherapist;
- documents certifying a priority right to get to a pre-school organization.
How to track a queue to kindergarten?
Queue to kindergarten can be tracked online:
- via online service on e-Gov Portal;
- via Telegram Bot;
- via services, links to which are published on the websites of education departments of akimats of cities and districts.
How a queue to pre-school organizations is distributed?
- There are no queues to particular kindergartens;
- Queues are generated on the basis of territory: city, village and township;
- In each locality, a queue is formed based on a child`s year of birth;
- When your turn comes, you select among kindergartens, which have vacant places.
Each queue has those who obtain benefits, i.e. those with a priority and unscheduled right to get a place.
Individuals with a right to get an unscheduled place are children of military employees or employees of specialized government agencies.
Individuals with a priority right are children whose legal representatives are disabled; children left without parents and orphans; children from large families, children with special needs; children from families with a disabled child; children of teachers.
Applications are sorted by the date of application submission. A queue is started with those with a right for an unscheduled place, then come individuals with a priority right, then 3 applications without any benefits and once again those with a right for an unscheduled place, then come individuals with a priority right, then 3 applications without any benefits, etc.
A queue might not only progress forward but also backwards, i.e. if those with benefits are added to a queue, it moves backwards.
How vacant places are distributed?
- Kindergartens provide information on vacant places to the portal on a daily basis.
- Information obtained from kindergartens is published in the register of vacant places on the portal on a daily basis.
- The system provides access to the information for the individuals who stand first in queue for 3 working days on a daily basis.
- Number of individuals for whom access is provided is determined based on the number of vacant places by age groups.
- Applicants who obtained access should select a kindergarten from the list and referral to the selected kindergarten is generated.
- If vacant places were left on the expiry of 3 days, the system opens access to all the users registered in queue. People can select vacant places pursuant to the age group based on the first come, first served basis.
You do not lose your place in queue. If it is your turn but you cannot use it due to circumstances, you can just let somebody before you.
How to obtain a referral to kindergarten
To send a child to kindergarten you need a referral. After your turn came, you will be able to select a kindergarten via online service and if there are vacant places in the desired kindergarten, you will receive a referral.
Referral validity term is 5 working days. If within 5 days, a referral won`t be registered in a kindergarten`s electronic system, it is deemed to be expired. In this case, a referral will be canceled and moved to a stop-list for 10 days. Being moved to a stop-list, you won`t be able to participate in distribution of vacant places.
The procedure of obtaining a referral via indigo24.kz:
- Select “Obtain a referral” command;
- Indicate a child`s IIN and select kindergarten language, press “Search for vacant places” button;
- The system will show all the kindergartens which has groups relevant to your child`s age;
- Familiarize with vacant places, select kindergarten and group;
- Click “Obtain a referral” button;
- In “Selected Place” panel you will see information on a pre-school organization which you selected. Check whether everything is correct;
- In “Phone number indicated in application” section you need to indicate a phone number, which you filled in when submitted an application;
- If everything is done correctly, you will receive a notification on the obtainment of electronic referral to your phone number.
The procedure of obtaining a referral via balabaqsha.open-almaty.kz:
- Sign in to a Personal Account using digital signature;
- After signing in, select “Applications Log” section in the main menu. (Note! An application will only be displayed in a personal account of an applicant, who submitted an application to put a child into a waiting list to kindergarten. If you are a child`s parent and an application is not displayed, you can bind it to your IIN in a personal account);
- Then, to open an application you need to click on it;
- To view the list of vacant places to pre-school organizations, click “Select a kindergarten” button. “Select kindergarten” button will be displayed in the following cases: 1. Your turn has come; 2. There are vacant places available. Note! When your turn comes, a notification will be sent to your e-mail and phone number and an application status will change to “A notification sent” (notifications on publication of vacant places are not sent).
In case, if a child is registered in one of the pre-school organizations, then obtainment of referral to another pre-school organization is not possible. To obtain a referral, one needs to register the leaving of a pre-school organization in an electronic format;
- Then, a notification window will appear. To view the list of vacant places, press “OK” button. Note! If an applicant won`t select a kindergarten and obtain a referral within 3 working days, a vacant place will be available to all those registered in a queue pursuant to the year of birth. However, an applicant who missed a place in queue is left in queue;
- For your next step you need to select a relevant kindergarten from the drop-down list;
- After selecting a pre-school organization, click “Sign and submit” button and upload digital signature certificate;
- Then, in “Shared documents” tab of Applications Log you will be able to view and download a generated referral to a pre-school organization.
Enrollment of children to pre-school organizations
It is possible to enroll to a kindergarten not only during the summer period when groups are formed but also within a year.
- To be enrolled to a kindergarten, you need to visit it with the following documents:
- Referral for enrollment (valid within 5 working days from the date of issuance).
- National ID of one of the parents or legal representatives.
- Childbirth certificate.
- A child`s health passport.
- Abstract on a child`s health condition.
- Statement drawn up by a psychological/medical and pedagogical committee (for children with special educational needs).
The list of documents is complete and exhaustive for all types of pre-school organizations. It means that neither a national nor public kindergarten has a right to require any more documents upon a child`s enrollment.