How to get the service online
- Sign in on the Portal and click "Order Service Online" button.
- Choose a foreign mission consular district of which includes your place of residence in a country of stay.
- Fill in an application and sign it using a digital signature or SMS password (it is mandatory to have registration in the Mobile Citizens Database).
- In your personal account (in "History of Obtained Services" section) familiarize with a notification on application processing status, which will be sent within the specified time.
- Information on the status of acceptance of a request for registration of marriage, as well as a notification indicating the date and time of registration of marriage is sent to a personal account of a service recipient.
- To get the public service delivery result (a certificate), you should contact a consular department of foreign mission of the Republic of Kazakhstan in a country of stay on the day and time specified in a notification.
- If an application was rejected, a service recipient will receive a notification indicating a substantiated refusal.
The reasons why an application for public service delivery may not be registered are as follows:
- Incorrect selection of foreign mission of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Incorrectly filled-in fields.
- No receipt confirming payment of consular fee.
Note: Payment is made to a corporate account of a foreign mission (details are available on the website of a foreign mission of the Republic of Kazakhstan to a host country). It is necessary to attach a scan copy of receipt confirming payment of consular fee in pdf or jpeg (jpg) format.
How to get the service in the state body (necessary documents):
Persons who have reached the age of marriage represent:
- Application for marriage (matrimony).
- Identification documents, or an electronic document from the digital documents service of those entering into marriage (matrimony) (for verification).
- When registering a marriage of a citizen of the Republic of Kazakhstan and a foreigner, along with the presentation of a document certifying the identity of the foreigner, a notarized translation of the document text in Kazakh or Russian is provided.
- Certificates of marital legal capacity of those entering into marriage (matrimony) (not required if there is information about the applicants in the registry office).
- Document confirming the termination of the previous marriage (if available): the certificate on divorce (marriage) or court decision for dissolution of marriage (matrimony) with a mark of entry into force, the death certificate of the spouse or the court decision on annulment, declaring one of the spouses is deceased or recognition as missing (for verification).
- Original document confirming payment of the consular fee.
- If it is necessary to reduce or extend the term of marriage registration (matrimony) established by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, a document confirming the grounds for reducing or extending the term is additionally submitted: a certificate of the medical qualification Commission on pregnancy, a certificate of health, documents, a copy of the child's birth certificate, confirming other special circumstances.
If the marriage (matrimony) is entered by persons who have not reached the age of marriage, the following additional documents must be submitted:
- Application to reduce the age of marriage (matrimonial) .
- Documents confirming the reasons for reducing the marriage (marital) age (certificate of the medical qualification Commission on pregnancy, a copy of the child's birth certificate, a copy of the birth certificate of a minor parent, a copy of the marriage/ divorce certificate of the minor's parents, identity documents of the minor's parents (their) and minors themselves).
- Consent of legal representatives of persons entering into marriage (matrimony).
- Birth certificate of a minor parent, certificate of marriage / divorce of the minor's parents, identity documents of the minor's parents (their) and minor citizens themselves) (for verification).
Documents that are issued or certified by a competent institution of a foreign state or a specially authorized person, within its competence and in the prescribed form, sealed with the official seal of a foreign state, are accepted only after passing the procedure of special certification (legalization or apostille (not required for countries parties to the Convention on legal assistance and legal relations in civil, family and criminal cases, made in Minsk on January 22, 1993, ratified by the decree of the Supreme Council of the Republic of Kazakhstan of 31 March 1993, and the Convention on legal assistance and legal relations in civil, family and criminal matters, done in the city of Kishinev on 7 October 2002, ratified by the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan of 10 March 2004).
Documents issued outside the Republic of Kazakhstan in the language of the relevant foreign state are subject to translation into the state or Russian language.