The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are globally accepted goals that aim to end poverty and poverty, fight inequality and injustice, and protect the planet and ensure peace and prosperity for all people. Until 2030, 17 key areas were selected, the implementation of which could potentially lead the country to sustainable development of all major spheres of life and the solution of global problems affecting every person in this world.
The process of implementation and achievement of the SDGs is constantly monitored by both the UN representatives and the government of the Republic of Kazakhstan. To effectively achieve the SDGs, the Inter-Agency and Expert Group on Sustainable Development Goal Indicators (IEG - SDGs) developed a system of global indicators, with the ability for each UN member state to nationalize these indicators. To date, Kazakhstan's monitoring system for achieving the SDGs includes 280 indicators, of which 205 are global and 75 are national indicators.
The United Nations Development Program (UNDP) is the UN's global development network, in particular the SDGs, that is already working in 170 countries to help end poverty, reduce inequality, tackle corruption and increase government transparency. Since the start of Kazakhstan's work, together with UNDP, more than 200 projects have been implemented in a wide range of thematic areas worth more than 200 million US dollars. Specifically for the SDGs, UNDP helps Kazakhstan:
- 1. Eliminate social insecurity and inequality
- 2. Restore public confidence in government
- 3. Maintain environmental sustainability
- 4. Promote high-performance economic growth
Coverage of the Sustainable Development Goals by the state planning system
- Continued nationalization of SDG targets and indicators
- Effective fiscal reform that will allow for consistent achievement of the SDGs
- Continued dialogue between the government, civil society, business community, international organizations and other stakeholders to ensure their quality participation in order to maximize the results of the SDGs
- Maintaining effective regional cooperation with Central Asian countries and other international partners
- Development of the Strategy for Sustainable Development until 2030