Factory calendar for 2023 in the Republic of Kazakhstan Printable versionLast update: 22.09.2023
Аrticle 68 of Labour Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated November 23, 2015 (hereinafter - Code) specifies that normal duration of working hours should not exceed 40 hours in a week.
In labour, collective agreements there can be made provisions of less duration of working hours with payment such as normal duration of working time.
Also according to Code is made provision to set part-time duration of working hours for certain categories of workers:
- For workers at the age from fourteen to sixteen – no more than 24 hours in a week (article 69 of Code);
- For workers at the age from sixteen to eighteen – no more than 36 hours in a week (article 69 of Code);
- For workers engaged in heavy work, work with harmful and (or) dangerous working conditions, the reduced working hours are established - not more than 36 hours per week according to the List of industries, workshops, professions and positions, the list of heavy work, work with harmful and (or ) dangerous working conditions (article 69 of Code);
- For disabled-workers of first and second groups - no more than 36 hours in a week (article 69 of Code).
In accordance with article 79 of Code there must be carried out in organizations the record of working hours actually worked out by worker.
In accordance with Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated December 13, 2001 No. 267 «On Holidays in the Republic of Kazakhstan» days, when the national and public holidays are celebrated in the Republic of Kazakhstan are declared the holidays in accordance with the labour legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Holidays in the Republic of Kazakhstan are nonworking days.
In case of days off and holidays coincidence the nonworking day is the next working day after holiday.
Holidays are celebrated in the Republic of Kazakhstan:
- Republic Day - October 25;
- New Year – January 1-2;
- International Women’s Day – March 8;
- Nauryz Meiramy – March 21-23;
- Kazakhstan People's Unity Day – May 1;
- Вefender of the Fatherland Day - May 7;
- Victory Day – May 9;
- Capital Day – July 6;
- Constitution Day of the Republic of Kazakhstan - August 30.
- Independence Day – December 16.
In this connection, in making out a balance of working time in 2023 taking into consideration of standards of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan «On Holidays in the Republic of Kazakhstan» holidays coinciding with days off (Saturday, Sunday) are postponed to the next working day after holiday:
In five day working week
- from January 1 to January 3;
- from May 7 to May 8;
- from July 1 to July 7;
- from December 16 to December 18;
In accordance with article 84 of Code in five day or six day working week the common day off is Sunday. The second day off in five day working week is set by collective agreements or rules of labor routine.
First day of Qurban Ait, celebrated by Muslim calendar, the 7th of January - Orthodox Christmas are nonworking days (without extending).
In 2023 the first day of Qurban Ait is on June 28.
The rate of working time for months, quarters and 2023 in general in working days (hours) is in production calendar. It is timed by five day and six day working week calendar based on eight-, seven- and six-hours working day in the time of 40-hours and 36-hours working week.
In 2023 the rate of working hours is:
in the time of 40-hours working week:
- five day working week - 1968 hours (246 days × 8,00 hours);
- six day working week – 1979 hours (247 days × 7,00 hours + 50 days × 5,00 hours);
in the time of 36-hours working week:
- five day working week - 1771,20 hours (246 days × 7,20 hours);
- six day working week - 1782 hours (297 days × 6,00 hours).
Monthly number of working days in 2023 is:
- in the time of five day working week - 20,50 days;
- in the time of six day working week - 24,75 days.
Monthly number of calendar days in 2023 is 29,33 (without holidays, established by legislation act of the Republic of Kazakhstan).