Integration testing for school graduates in Kazakhstan: where and how to take it? Printable versionLast update: 01.08.2023
Comprehensive testing is a form of examination conducted in several academic disciplines simultaneously with application of information and communication technologies.
Comprehensive testing is carried out for persons who have mastered the educational programs of higher education.
Preparation for comprehensive testing
Comprehensive testing is carried out at the comprehensive testing centers (hereinafter: CTC) located in the capital, regional centers and cities of republican significance.
Regional state commissions for organization and execution of comprehensive testing are established to conduct comprehensive testing and are approved by an authorized body in the field of education. The regional state commission includes representatives of law-enforcement agencies, public organizations, and mass media. When conducting comprehensive testing, the regional state commission ensures enforcement of public order during the testing, organizes the work of medical personnel during comprehensive testing, ensures provision of an assistant who is not a teacher of disciplines taken as part of comprehensive testing for visually impaired persons and persons with disorder of musculoskeletal system functions and (or) a specialist who speaks sign language, for hearing-impaired persons and ensures the safety of personal belongings kept in lockers (cells) during testing.
At the same time, the chairman and members of the regional state commission do not participate in the testing process.
With aim to control the comprehensive testing process, testing administrators from the National Testing Center (hereinafter: Center), representatives of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as observers from "Adildik Zholy" local education authority are sent to the comprehensive testing centers.
Applications for participation in the comprehensive testing are accepted from June 1 to July 15 and from November 1 to November 18.
The comprehensive testing is carried out from July 20 to August 10 and from November 18 to December 11.
A person willing to take the comprehensive testing submits an application online through the Center's website at the following link: https://app.testcenter.kz /.
To submit an application, an applicant needs to:
- Open the website: https://app.testcenter.kz / and select the interface language.
- Register using e-mail (in a letter received from the Center, one should confirm an e-mail) (Note: if an applicant was previously registered on the website, an application can be submitted through a personal account. To do this, click "Login" and enter username and password).
- Log in using the received username and password in the system (it is not recommended to delete a username and password received to an e-mail until the end of the current year).
- Specify IIN, click the search button (surname, name and patronymic are displayed automatically), specify a contact phone number (required).
- Select "Apply" tab and then "Postgraduate Education".
- Select the type of testing "Comprehensive testing to the Master's Degree program".
- Select a testing category (Comprehensive testing to the Master's Degree program/ Comprehensive testing to the field-specific Master's Degree program with the English language of instruction/ Comprehensive testing to the Master's Degree program requiring creative training/ Comprehensive testing to the Master's Degree program requiring knowledge of Arabic).
- Fill-in the required registration data and select.
- international certificate confirming proficiency in a foreign language (type, score) (if available).
- international certificate confirming undergoing of the standardized GRE test (score) (if available).
The authenticity and validity of the submitted certificates are checked by the admissions committees of an organization of higher and (or) postgraduate education (hereinafter: OHPE), when applicants apply for participation in the competition for awarding educational grants at the expense of the republican budget or the local budget or when enrolling to OHPE on a fee basis.
- Select a field of Master's Degree program (scientific and pedagogical/field-specific).
- Select the Master's Degree type.
- Select the code and name of educational program group.
- Select a testing language.
- Select the testing language for a foreign language from the drop-down list (if a chosen field of study is "scientific and pedagogical").
- Select the language for training readiness test.
- Select an area where the OHPE is located and select the OHPE (if the selected testing category is comprehensive testing to the Master's Degree program requiring knowledge of Arabic).
- Select a city where to take the test.
- Persons with disabilities should fill-in information about disability (visual/ hearing/ musculoskeletal disorders) (Note: attach documents approved by the Order of the Minister of Health and Social Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan as of January 30, 2015 No. 44 "On approval of the Rules for medical and social expertise" confirming the special status).
- Carefully read the comprehensive testing rules and confirm that you have read the rules.
- Select a preferred payment method for testing and make the payment. Payment for participation in the comprehensive testing can be made in the following ways.
- online through a bank card (when selecting a bank card, the program will automatically re-direct to the payment website);
- online via Kaspi.kz (when selecting payment via Kaspi.kz it is necessary to generate an order number and make a payment using QR code or Kaspi.kz app). (Note: payment should be made within 1 hour (60 minutes) after an application is generated, if there is no payment during the specified time, an application is canceled);
upon payment, in the "My History" section, if necessary, an applicant can make changes to the submitted application (change a city of testing, group of educational programs, language of testing) or delete an application before the closure of the application acceptance database (until July 15).
After registration of an application, information about the place and time of testing will be available in the personal account of an applicant in the "My History" section. An applicant is responsible for familiarization with the information about testing.
After successful completion of all the stages, a message will be displayed: "An application has been submitted successfully!".
The fee for participation in the comprehensive testing is KZT 14.693.
Comprehensive testing procedure
On the testing day, applicants are allowed into the building one at a time and their identity is verified through the 3D scanner based on an identity document or passport.
Rules of conduct during comprehensive testing
On the testing day, metal detectors of manual and frame type are used. The use of metal detectors is carried out to ensure the safety of applicants during the testing, as well as to prevent applicants from attempting and bringing the following prohibited items into the building: cheat sheets, educational and methodological literature, the periodic table and table of solubility of salts, a calculator, a camera, mobile communications (pager, cell phones, tablets, iPad, iPod, Smartphone, walkie-talkies, laptops, players, modems (mobile routers), smart glasses, smart watches, fitness bracelet (tracker), wired and wireless headphones, wireless video cameras, GPS navigators, GPS trackers, remote control devices, voice recorders, as well as other information exchange devices operating in the following standards: GSM, 3G, 4G, 5G, VHF, UHF, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, Dect).
It is prohibited to involve proxy test takers in testing. Applicants who have used proxy test takers are not allowed to be tested, and are also not allowed to participate in repeated testing within a current year.
During the comprehensive testing, an applicant is not allowed to:
- Ieave a classroom (computer class) without permission and a testing administrator, who acts as a corridor attendant.
- Talk and move from place to place.
- leave a classroom more than 2 times for more than 10 minutes.
- Change documents and A4 paper issued to an applicant to take the test.
- Take documents and A4 paper issued to an applicant to take the test out of a classroom (computer class), as well as to spoil them by crumpling.
- Take away documents and A4 paper issued to an applicant to take the test.
- Bring and use cheat notes, textbooks, periodic table and solubility of salts, calculator, camera, mobile devices (pagers, cell phones, tablets, iPads, iPods, smartphones, walkie-talkies, laptops, players, modems (mobile routers), smart watches, wired headphones, wireless, micro-headphones, wireless video cameras, GPS navigators, GPS trackers, remote control devices, as well as other information exchange devices operating in the following standards: GSM, 3G, 4G, 5G, VHF, UHF, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, Dect.
- Make noise before and during testing.
- Discuss and disclose the content of test tasks.
- Cause intentional damage to the testing equipment and security system.
Nonetheless, it is allowed to use a calculator, periodic tables and solubility of salts located in the testing interface on computers.
In the event of a violation of the Rules for execution of comprehensive testing approved by the Order of the Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan as of May 8, 2019 No. 190, a testing administrator draws up an appropriate act, removes an applicant and cancels the test results.
The activities of the Republican Appeals Board during the comprehensive testing
To consider the applications of persons who disagree with the comprehensive testing results, the Republican Appeals Board under the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan is established each time. The Chairman and composition of the Republican Appeals Board are approved by the Order of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The Republican Appeals Board considers applications from persons applying to the Master`s Degree programs regarding content of test tasks and technical reasons.
An appeal related to the content of test tasks is considered in the following cases:
- A correct answer does not match the correct answers code (a correct answer option is indicated).
- There is no correct answer.
- There is more than one correct answer in the test tasks with the choice of one correct answer from all the options (all variants of correct answers are indicated).
- Incorrectly compiled test task.
An appeal for a technical reason is considered in the absence of a fragment of a test task (texts, diagrams, figures, tables), which makes it impossible to find a correct answer.
An application for appeal due to technical reasons is submitted by an applicant during the testing. The button "Apply for an appeal for technical reasons" is displayed on the screen for the entire testing period, by clicking "Screen", a task is automatically sent to the experts for appeal.
An appeal related to the content of test tasks is submitted by an applicant at the end of the test within 30 minutes.
The online appeal results are displayed in the personal account of an applicant after consideration by the Republican Appeals Board.
The specific facts set out in an application for appeal are subject to consideration.
When submitting a content-related application for revision of test tasks, an applicant indicates a substantiated justification (full explanation).
Applications appealing the test and requesting to revise all the test tasks without provision of sufficient reasons (full explanation, step-by-step solution of tasks) are not subject to consideration.
The Republican Appeals Board decision is made based on a majority of votes from the total number of the board members. If the votes are equal, the Chairman's vote is decisive. The decision of the Republican Appeals Board is stored in the information management and processing system in the organization responsible for testing within a year.
The decision of the Republican Appeals Board is final and is not subject to revision.