Advocacy Printable versionLast update: 24.08.2021
Turkestan, Bayburt street, 8,
A lawyer in Kazakhstan can be a citizen of the Republic of Kazakhstan who has a higher legal education, has received the license to practice law, is a member of the collegium of advocates and provides legal assistance on a professional basis within the framework of advocacy regulated by the Law.
An advocate may not be a person recognized by a court as incapable or limited in capacity, or who has an outstanding or unexpunged criminal record in accordance with the procedure established by law.
A person matching the following criterias can't be an advocate:
- exempted from criminal liability under paragraphs 3), 4), 9), 10) and 12) of paragraph one of Article 35 or Article 36 of the Criminal Procedure Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan, within three years after the occurrence of such events;
- dismissed for negative reasons from the state, military service, from prosecution bodies, other law enforcement agencies, special state bodies, as well as dismissed from the position of a judge, within one year from the date of dismissal (release);
- who has committed an administrative corruption offence within three years of the occurrence of such events;
- deprived of a license to practice law;
- removed from the register of the Chamber of Legal Advisors for negative reasons, if less than three years have passed since the date of exclusion.
Assistants and Trainees of Lawyer
Types of legal assistance provided by lawyers
Payment of legal assistance provided by lawyers