Military service contract in Kazakhstan Printable versionLast update: 15.03.2021
Military service under the contract is not only a special kind of public service, is the authoritative work, giving prospects of professional growth, ensuring social protection, both of the serviceman and the members of his family. Our article will be useful not only for those people who are just going to join the ranks of the Armed Forces, but also for those who care about what a military service contract constitutes and what opportunities it provides.
Contract military service is based on a voluntary basis.
Persons who have expressed a desire to enter the military service under the contract, must be the citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan and meet the following requirements:
- have the necessary personal, moral and professional qualities, level of education, fit for military service for health reasons;
- be at least eighteen years old, with the exception of cadets, attendee, and no later than they reach the age limit for military service:
- for the first time entering military service under a contract or appointment to the positions of the composition of soldiers (sailors) and junior sergeants - fifteen years;
- for the appointment to the posts of junior officers and senior sergeants - ten years;
- for senior officer or senior non-commissioned officers positions - five years;
- serve compulsory military service or undergo training at the military department or military training in specialized organizations of the Ministry of Defense for training of military-technical specialists on a reimbursable basis, with the exception of women.
Citizens who have completed compulsory military service and have secondary vocational education can conclude a contract for the positions of the composition of sergeants (foremen) of the soldiers (sailors).
Currently, more than 10% of the contract service member composition is female. Women do military service in the positions of operators, signalmen, doctors, financiers and other professions.
For admission to the contract service, you need to contact local military command departments (military enlistment offices) at your place of residence.
The procedure for enrollment in military service under the contract consists of the following stages:
- acceptance of documents required for admission to military service under a contract;
- passing a medical examination;
- determination of the conformity of the level of physical fitness;
- determination of the level of professional training and the correspondence of the existing military registration specialty (education) considered for the appointment of a military position
- passing a test for psychological fitness.
List of documents required for admission to the contract service:
- An application indicating:
- surname, name, patronymic, date, month and year of his birth, place of residence;
- the name of the authorized body with which the citizen wishes to conclude a contract, military unit (state institution);
- the term for which the contract is supposed to be concluded.
- personal data;
- a personally written autobiography;
- original and copy of the identity and citizenship document;
- copies of educational documents (notarized if the originals are not submitted for verification);
- a copy of the work book, if available;
- certificate of the absence of criminal record;
- certificate of the tax authority receipt of the income declaration;
- reference from the last place of service (work or study).
Medical examination of the candidate is carried out by a permanent medical commission of the local executive body of the region, city of republican significance, the capital, cities and districts.
The selection committee checks the conformity of the candidate's education to the military registration specialty of the military position for which he is considered and his physical preparedness.
Professional and psychological selection activities are carried out by appropriate specialists. At the same time, the level of intellectual development, psychological suitability for military service, professional and personal qualities of the examined candidates necessary for military service are assessed.
Based on the results of psychological selection, one of the following conclusions is made on the suitability of the candidate for military service under the contract:
- "Not recommended".
If at the moment you are serving on the conscription and want to enter military service under a contract, you must submit a report to the commander of the military unit.
The commander of the military unit examines the report and makes a decision on it within 10 working days.
The military unit commander, having examined the report, gives the following instructions:
- on the medical examination of the candidate;
- on the conduct of events for professional and psychological selection;
- on the conduct of a special check;
- on the conduct of psychophysiological and polygraph examinations;
- on checking the conformity of the level of education, professional and physical training of the candidate;
- on the consideration of the service member candidate by the selection committee of the military unit.
The decision on compliance with the requirements is made by the commander of the military unit and approved by his immediate head.
A person is not accepted for military service under contract:
- recognized by the court as incapable or partially incapable;
- having a disease that interferes with the performance of military service duties in accordance with the conclusion of the military medical commission;
- deprived by the court of the right to hold public office for a certain period;
- refused to accept the restrictions established by the laws related to the stay of the soldier in the military service, and anti-corruption restrictions established by the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On Combating Corruption";
- having a criminal record that has not been canceled or has not been removed in accordance with the procedure established by law;
- previously convicted or released from criminal liability for committing a crime on the basis of paragraphs 3), 4), 9), 10) and 12) of the first part of Article 35 or Article 36 of the Criminal Procedure Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- on whom, within three years prior to entering the military service, an administrative penalty was imposed in the court for committing a corruption offense;
- committed a corruption crime;
- not passed psychophysiological or polygraph examination for positions, the list of which is approved by the head of the authorized body, or a medical examination;
- in respect of whom, within three years before entering the service for committing a criminal offense, a court conviction was passed or who, within three years before entering the service, was exempted from criminal liability for committing a criminal offense on the basis of paragraphs 3), 4), 9), 10 ) and 12) part one of Article 35 or Article 36 of the Criminal Procedure Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- dismissed for negative reasons from the state or military service, from special state bodies, law enforcement agencies, courts and justice bodies;
- who has not passed a special check and/or who has knowingly reported false information about himself or about his close relatives (parents, children, adoptive parents, adopted children, full and half brothers and sisters, grandfathers, grandmothers, grandchildren) or about a spouse and her (his) relatives;
- did not fulfill the standards for physical training approved by the head of the authorized body;
- committed a crime as part of the criminal group;
- in respect of which a criminal case on a crime as part of the criminal group was terminated by the criminal prosecution body or by the court on the basis of paragraphs 3), 4), 9), 10) and 12) of the first part of Article 35 or Article 36 of the Criminal Procedure Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan before the expiration of the term the lower limit of punishment in the form of imprisonment, provided for by the relevant article of the Special Part of the Criminal Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
A special check is carried out in relation to a person entering military service under a contract.
The grounds for refusal to a person entering military service under a contract are also:
- failure to provide or distortion of the information;
- absence of vacancies on the military registration specialty of the candidate;
- negative results of psychophysiological and polygraph examinations.
You have been accepted for service under the contract- make a contract!
State obligations to military personnel under the contract