State registration of death abroad
How to get the service online
- Log in on the portal and click the Request Online button.
- Fill out the application and sign it by EDS (electronic digital signature) or by SMS-password (be sure to have registration in the mobile citizens database).
- In personal account (in the History of Services section), read the notice of processing your application, which will be received within the specified time.
How to get the service in a state agency (required documents):
- Application for state registration of death, as well as the issuance of repeated certificates and certificates of civil status registration abroad.
- A document of the prescribed form on death issued by a medical organization or a court decision on establishing the fact of death or declaring a person deceased (for verification).
- Passport of a citizen of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- A notarized power of attorney, in the case of a request from a representative of the service recipient.
- If necessary, a document confirming a close relationship (for reconciliation).
Documents that are issued or certified by a competent institution of a foreign state or a specially authorized person, within its competence and in the prescribed form, sealed with the official seal of a foreign state, are accepted only after passing the procedure of special certification (legalization or apostille) (not required for countries parties to the Convention on legal assistance and legal relations in civil, family and criminal matters, done in Minsk on January 22, 1993, ratified by the decree of the Supreme Council of the Republic of Kazakhstan of 31 March 1993, and the Convention on legal assistance and legal relations in civil, family and criminal matters, done in the city of Kishinev on 7 October 2002).
Documents issued outside the Republic of Kazakhstan in the language of the relevant foreign state are subject to translation into the state or Russian language.
Result of the service delivery
The certificate of death or motivated answer of refuse in state service provision.