Social assistance for people with disabilities Printable versionLast update: 26.09.2023
People with disabilities is someone who is incapacitated by a chronic illness or injury and as a consequence needs to be socially protected.
Social protection of the people with disabilities in the Republic of Kazakhstan is stipulated by the RK Constitution, the Cod of the Republic of Kazakhstan "Social Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan" and other normative regulatory acts.
People with disabilitie are entitled to:
- Social protection, including habilitation, rehabilitation, integration into society;
- provision of conditions for preschool education and training, education;
- guaranteed volume of free medical care and medical assistance in the system of compulsory social health insurance in accordance with the procedure determined by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- guaranteed volume of special social services;
- vocational training and retraining, rehabilitation and employment;
- providing access to infrastructure facilities, informatization, transport, information, entertainment cultural events, sports competitions and public services;
- exercising their right to vote and be elected;
- housing in accordance with the housing legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- priority services in government and other organizations, including healthcare, culture, communications, transport, and services.
Social assistance for the people with disabilitie:
- state allowances, compensations and other benefit payments;
- additional social transfers paid by local executive bodies;
- subsidiary welfare benefits paid by the employer and other organizations.
People with disabilitie housing
Local executive bodies:
- register and accommodate disabled who need housing;
- equip dwellings for people with disabilitie or families having the disabled with special means and facilities.
People with disabilitie employment
Local executive bodies ensure employment of the people with disabilitie by:
- fixing up quota of working positions for people with disabilitie at the rate of three per cent from the total number of the work places;
- creating additional employment for people with disabilitie through individual, small and medium business development;
- creating special and social jobs for people with disabilitie employment;
- organizing professional training of the people with disabilitie.
For disabled people of the first and second categories, a reduced working time of no more than thirty-six hours a week is established, an additional paid annual leave of absence of at least six calendar days is granted. Work at night is allowed with the consent of a disabled person and provided that such work is not prohibited for him for health reasons.
Refusal to conclude an employment contract or in promotion, dismissal on the initiative of the employer, transfer of a disabled person to another job without his consent on grounds of disability are not allowed, except for cases when, according to the conclusion of the territorial unit of the authorized body in the field of social protection of the population, the state of his health impedes the performance of professional duties or threatens the health and safety of others.
Providing employment for disabled people
To ensure the employment of disabled people, local executive bodies (akimats) set a quota of jobs for disabled people in the amount of two to four percent of the number of workplaces without taking into account jobs in heavy work, work with harmful, hazardous working conditions in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan on employment of the population; create additional jobs for disabled people through the development of individual entrepreneurship, small and medium-sized businesses; create special, as well as social workplaces for the employment of disabled persons in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan; organize vocational training for disabled people.
Legislation guarantees the rights of disabled people in relation to labor relations. It is provided that the refusal to conclude an employment contract or in promotion, dismissal on the initiative of the employer, transfer of a disabled person to another job without his consent on grounds of disability are not allowed, except for cases when, according to the conclusion of the territorial unit of the authorized body in the field of social protection of the population, the state of his health impedes the performance of professional duties or threatens the health and safety of others.
Criteria for invalidity groups establishment
Employment of people with disabilitie
Education preferences rendered to people with disabilitie
Types of rehabilitation of the disabled
What category of persons are considered as participants and invalids of GPW?
What documents are necessary for acquisition the status of participant, invalid of Great Patriotic War and persons equated with them