Pass to heading

Topical questions of temporary registration Printable version

Last update: 06.12.2021

1: Every citizen must be registered at the place of residence (permanently and temporarily). This is possible only if there is own dwelling or with the consent of the owner of the dwelling. What if there is no own dwelling and the owner does not give his consent?        

According to Articles 23 and 24 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On Housing Relations", the owner or person authorized by the owner to rent dwelling is obliged to register persons residing in the dwelling in accordance with the procedure established by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.          

If the owner refuses to register physical persons residing in the dwelling, building and (or) premises that belong to him, the owner will be brought to administrative responsibility in accordance with Article 493 of the Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On Administrative Offenses".  

2: Regarding temporary registration in houses that did not pass the state commission through the fault of the builder, while residents have only a technical passport. How can I get a temporary registration? If not, will they bring to responsibility?               

Indeed, at present there are issues related to problem houses that have not been commissioned by construction organizations, into which developers have illegally populated tenants without title documents for dwelling as they are being built.

The absence of these documents precludes the possibility of registering them at the place of residence or at the place of temporary residence in accordance with the established procedure (paragraph 4 of the Rules of registration of internal migrants, approved by the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan on December 1, 2011 No. 1427), which in turn entails administrative responsibility under Article 492 of the Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan on Administrative Offenses - "Accommodation in the Republic of Kazakhstan without registration or without identity documents".

At the same time, according to Article 11 of the Code of Administrative Offenses, an individual is subject to administrative liability only for those offenses against which his fault is established. Administrative liability for the innocent harm caused by an individual is not allowed.

In this connection, considering that the residence of citizens without registration in residential buildings that are not commissioned for reasons beyond their control is an innocent act, this category of citizens will not be brought to administrative responsibility.

3: For temporary registration you need a list of documents. Will it be necessary to go to the «State-owned corporation «Government for citizens» NJSC (hereinafter - State-owned corporation) for help, collect some more documents or go to the migration service?

Currently, citizens can register not only in the State-owned corporation, but also through the e-government portal (EGP), having formalized the electronic request, having assured it with their electronic digital signature and the owner of the dwelling.

Also, registration of citizens is carried out by the bodies of internal affairs in the State-owned corporation in an automated mode at the time of treatment. 

For today both for temporary and permanent registration, only the consent of the owner of the dwelling is required, his identity card (personal presence is mandatory), the identity card of the person being registered.

Registration is free of charge. 

4: Temporary registration in hospitals is carried out in the State-owned corporation or is it possible to register on the spot? Is it necessary for the owner of the building or similarly for hotels?

Hotel guests are registered on general grounds established by law. In this case, the responsibility for registration rests with the owners of hotels and guests.

Citizens who are in hospital who have a health disorder with persistent disorders of the body's functions, restricting their vital functions, if necessary, can get a service at their place of stay (Order of the Minister of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated March 30, 2020 No. 267 "On approval of the Rules for the provision of public services on the documentation and registration of the population of the Republic of Kazakhstan").

In this case, the service provider travels to the service recipient through contact through the Single contact center 1414 (+7 7172 906 984).

For registration, it is necessary to submit a petition of the institution (organization) indicating the RCA (registration code of the address of the property).

5. It is necessary to register for a long time a person who is registered in Almaty at the same address, but lives differently, but in the redistribution of this city.

Yes, it is necessary to register, if the place of temporary residence is more than one month. Registration at the place of permanent residence is

6. Is there a temporary registration for children and from what age?

In accordance with the Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated 1 December 2011 No. 1427 "On Approval of the Rules for Registration of Internal Migrants and Amendments to Certain Decisions of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan", children under 16 years of age are not subject to registration at the place of temporary residence.

7. Is the size of the living area of the dwelling taken into account during temporary registration?

For today, there are no restrictions on the number of registered persons per address.

At the same time, in accordance with Article 493 of the Code of Administrative Offenses, responsibility is provided for the owner's admission of the home or other persons in charge of the houses, buildings and (or) premises registration of individuals who do not actually live in dwellings, buildings and (or) premises owned by the owner or in the care of others.


Total visitors per month:
Total visitors for yesterday:
Now on the portal:

Спасибо, информация об ошибке принята.

Извините, в данный момент информация об ошибке не может быть обработана.
Попробуйте позже.