Information on public transport with facilities for disabled people Printable versionLast update: 05.04.2020
In accordance with subparagraph 23) of Article 13 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan of July 4, 2003 "On Road Transport" and the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan of April 13, 2005 "On Social Protection of Disabled Persons in the Republic of Kazakhstan", the procedure for the provision of services for the transportation of disabled people by motor vehicles has been approved.
The rules define the general procedure and conditions for providing accessible transport environment for disabled people in the provision of services for transportation by road and are valid throughout the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan and are mandatory for all individuals and legal entities, regardless of their form of ownership.
The procedure for the provision of services for the transportation of disabled persons by motor vehicles:
- When transporting disabled people on regular intercity inter-regional and international road transport routes, intercity buses (class II) or long-distance buses (class III) are used, which meet the requirements of the state standard of the Republic of Kazakhstan "Motor transport services on passenger transportation", the passage width of which in the passenger cabin is not less than 44 centimeters.
- Seats for disabled people and wheelchairs for disabled people in buses are placed along the side walls in one row and facing forward along the bus.
- The floor of the passenger compartment where wheelchairs and wheelchair access areas are located must not have ramps or steps.
- The seats of Class II and Class III buses have backrests with head restraints and the seat backrest has an adjustable tilt angle.
- In case of transportation of disabled persons directly in a wheelchair, the bus shall be equipped with devices and devices fixing the wheelchair while in motion.
- The driver's workplace shall be equipped with an audio and light signal, which shall be activated from seats and wheelchair seats for disabled persons.
- Class II and III buses are equipped with a special wheelchair designed for a disabled person in the passenger compartment.
- Buses of II and III classes have a luggage compartment used for wheelchair transportation. The compartment provides for fixing the wheelchair in folded condition.
- The vehicle is equipped with sound and visual information boards reporting stops, arrival and departure times.
- In the passenger compartment of the city shuttle buses opposite the door intended for access to the bus of a disabled person in a wheelchair, there is a free area (circle of turn).
- Horizontal handrails are installed along the side walls of the floor for wheelchair placement.
- Buses shall have at least 2 passenger doors. One of them is equipped with a device that provides entry and exit of a disabled person in a wheelchair into a bus. The minibus may have one door equipped with a device used both for access to wheelchairs for disabled persons and for persons accompanying disabled persons.
- The door to the bus used for wheelchair access by disabled persons is marked accordingly (inscriptions or pictograms).
- Buses are equipped with ramps or wheelchair-accessible lifting (lowering) device in (from) the bus to provide access to the bus.
Organization and provision of taxi services for disabled persons
In accordance with article 26 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On Road Transport" of 4 July 2003, when arranging the transportation of passengers and luggage by taxi, an individual entrepreneur or a legal entity in the presence of thirty or more taxis has for every thirty taxis at least one taxi adapted for the transportation of disabled persons using special means of transportation.
For transportation of disabled persons, passenger cars that meet the requirements of the state standard of the Republic of Kazakhstan "Motor transport services on taxi transportation", specially re-equipped for transportation of disabled persons, including those in wheelchairs, are used.
On the front and rear parts of the taxi are installed identification signs in the form of a square "Disabled" and the image of the symbol of the road sign specified in paragraph 7.17 of the Road Signs according to Annex 1 to the Rules of Traffic, approved by the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan on November 13, 2014 № 1196.
Providing an Invataxi service
On the initiative of the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of Population of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Rules for the provision of transportation services for persons with disabilities by road (Order Acting by the Minister of Transport and Communications of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 859 of 01.11.2013) (hereinafter referred to as the Rules) included a section regulating the provision of invataxi services local executive bodies.
These rules apply throughout the territory of Kazakhstan and are binding on all individuals and legal entities, regardless of their form of ownership.
Invataxi services are an additional measure to support persons with disabilities of the first and second groups, with difficulty in moving, having testimony to the provision of a wheelchair and the services of an individual assistant.
Currently, in all regions of the country, local executive bodies organize the work of the Invataxi services by placing state social orders among non-governmental organizations.
Persons with disabilities are delivered free of charge to (and back) work places; to educational institutions; local representative and executive bodies; court, prosecutor's office, notary offices; medical institutions (with the exception of emergency (emergency) medical care); airports, railway stations, bus stations, sea and river ports; organizations providing special social services and other social facilities.
The procedure for the provision of services invataxi regulated by the Rules.