How to get residence permit in KZ? Printable versionLast update: 24.09.2020
A document confirming the foreigner's right to permanent residence in Kazakhstan is a residence permit. To obtain a residence permit you must obtain a permission for the permanent residence. The permit is issued in the territorial police departments service. The main requirement that is presented to those arriving in Kazakhstan and wishing to obtain a residence permit is the proof of their solvency.
What do you need to get a permit?
Foreigners temporarily staying in the Republic of Kazakhstan with a visa for permanent residence or who have arrived from the states that have concluded agreements with the Republic of Kazakhstan on visa-free entry and stay, as well as ethnic Kazakhs regardless of the category of a visa issued to them, to apply for a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Kazakhstan, apply to the internal affairs bodies and provide list of documents approved by Order of the Minister of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated March 31, 2020 No. 275:
1) application form on the issue of a permit for permanent residence in the Republic of Kazakhstan;
2) a copy and original (for verification) of the national passport, a document of a stateless person of the service recipient, valid for more than 180 calendar days on the day of application submission;
a copy and the original (for verification) of the birth certificate or other document proving the identity of the child under the age of sixteen, with joint appeal;
3) the written consent of the state of his citizenship, in the quality of which a leaflet of departure can serve, or another document confirming the permission to leave for permanent residence abroad (with the exception of foreigners and stateless persons who are recognized as refugees or who have been granted asylum in the Republic of Kazakhstan and ethnic Kazakhs from the People's Republic of China unless otherwise provided by international treaties);
4) an autobiography in Kazakh or Russian, with the signature of the applicant;
5) a document confirming their solvency in accordance with the Rules of confirmation by foreigners and stateless persons applying for permanent residence permits in the Republic of Kazakhstan, their solvency during their stay in the Republic of Kazakhstan, approved by the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated November 26, 2003 No. 1185, for the exception of ethnic Kazakhs, former compatriots born or previously held citizenship of the Kazakh Soviet Socialist Republic or the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as persons entitled to acquire citizenship of the Republic of Kazakhstan in a simplified manner based on international treaties of the Republic of Kazakhstan, and their family members;
6) a document on a criminal record (no criminal record) in the state of citizenship and or permanent residence issued by the competent authority of the corresponding state (with the exception of ethnic Kazakhs of citizens of the People's Republic of China, unless otherwise provided by international treaties);
7) notarized consent of a child from the age of 14 to 18 for permanent residence in the Republic of Kazakhstan;
8) a notarized contract or a notarized consent with an individual or legal entity on the provision of housing for the applicant to stay and registration for permanent registration;
9) a certificate of a medical examination of a foreigner about the absence of diseases, the presence of which prohibits the entry of foreigners and stateless persons into the Republic of Kazakhstan in accordance with the order of the Minister of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated September 30, 2011 No. 664 "On approval of the list of diseases the presence of which prohibits the entry of foreigners and stateless persons in the Republic of Kazakhstan "(registered in the Register of State Registration of Normative Legal Acts No. 7274);
10) one photograph measuring 35x45 mm;
11) a certificate of absence or termination of the citizenship of another state issued by the competent authority of the corresponding state (upon contacting a person who does not have identity documents, in case of establishing the fact of his birth or residence in the territory of another state).
The validity period of the documents referred to in subparagraphs 5), 6), 9) is not more than 180 calendar days.
In the case of a positive consideration of the application for a permit, the foreigner is subject to registration at the permanent place of residence and documented by the residence permit of the foreigner.
Issuance of permission to immigrants for permanent residence in the Republic of Kazakhstan without positive approval of the national security authorities is prohibited.
What do I need to get a residence permit?
In accordance with the Rules for the execution, issue, replacement, give in, seizure and destruction of a foreigner's residence permit in the Republic of Kazakhstan a residence permit is issued for the period of 10 years, for the period of validity of the passport of the country of nationality of a foreigner. Applications for the extension of the validity of the existing document or for the issuance of a new document for the right of residence in the Republic of Kazakhstan should be submitted by foreigners to internal affairs bodies at their place of residence no later than 1 month before the expiration of its validity, and in case of loss, not later than three days.
While registration of a new residence permit a foreigner doesn't loose his status of permanently residing in Kazakhstan
To obtain a residence permit in the Republic of Kazakhstan, foreign citizens staying on the territory of the country on the basis of a visa of the category "for permanent residence" can.
To obtain a residence permit for a foreigner in Kazakhstan, foreigners must personally submit to the authorized state body the following documents and obtain permits for permanent residence in the Republic of Kazakhstan:
- document on payment of state fee;
- two photograph of the size of 3.5 x 4.5 centimeters;
- valid national passport.
When filling out a residence permit of a foreigner in the Republic of Kazakhstan, the surname, name, patronymic (if any) and other data are recorded in accordance with national passports.
A residence permit of a foreigner in the Republic of Kazakhstan is issued to foreigners permanently residing in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan from the age of sixteen, children under sixteen do not need a residence permit.
From the moment of delivery of the above-mentioned documents and receipt by the applicant of the counterfoil of the form before issuing the residence permit, the certificate of the stateless person is 17 calendar days. At the request of the applicant, the service is provided in an expedited manner up to 7 business days from the date of registration.
The amount of the state fee when registering a stateless person is 400% of the monthly calculated index established on the day of payment of the state fee. When registering a residence permit for a foreigner in the Republic of Kazakhstan is 20% of the amount of MCI set for a day of payment of the state fee. The state duty is paid through the banking institutions of the Republic of Kazakhstan, which issue a document (receipt) confirming the amount and date of payment.
In what cases is the residence permit not issued?
Visa-free order of entrance