Enlistment commissions Printable versionLast update: 04.08.2022
Draft boards in the composition determined by article 28 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On military service and servicemen status” are formed during conscription upon decision of local executive bodies. The composition may also be of representatives of government agencies and public associations. The number of the board members must be odd.
A local executive body approves a schedule for conscription of the citizens to the military service.
A regional (republican significance city and capital city) board:
- provides for guidance and control over activities of district (regional significance city) boards;
- verifies the correctness of granting citizens a deferment and exemption from the draft;
- considers complaints and appeals of the citizens against the decisions of district (regional significance city) draft boards;
- revokes the decisions of district (regional significance cities) draft boards.
To determine the suitability of citizens for military service on an ongoing basis in the regions, republican significance cities, capital city, cities and regions, upon the decision of local executive bodies there are medical commissions arranged that conduct medical examination of the:
- those liable for military service, called up for military training;
- citizens entering military service under a contract, to military educational institutions, to military departments, to specialized organizations of the Ministry of Defense.
Based on the results of a medical examination, district (regional significance city) draft board in relation to the citizen being admitted to the military education institution (military faculty) takes a decision whether to send him to pass competitive entrance exams or to refuse to send him.
Based on the results of a medical examination, district (regional significance city) draft board in relation to the inductee makes one of the following decisions:
- the inductee is called up for military service;
- the deferment form the draft is granted;
- the inductee is exempted from the draft;
- the decision is to free the serviceman from the duty.
The decision of the draft board within one day is announced to the inductee, a copy of which is handed over at his request.
The decision of the draft board can be appealed by a citizen in court or in the regional (republican significance city and capital city) draft board. A preliminary appeal to the regional (republican significance city and capital city) draft board is not a prerequisite for applying to the court.
Under simultaneous consideration of applications both in the regional (republican significance city and capital city) draft board and in the court, the regional (republican significance city and capital city) draft board suspends the application consideration until the court decision shall enter into force.
The court decision, which has entered into legal force, is binding on the relevant draft boards.
Heads of authorized bodies revoke the decision of the draft boards in relation to persons who are not fit for military service for health reasons, and before they take an oath, return them to the draft boards with a request for replacement.
- In order to conduct a medical examination of the conscripts and citizens entering military service under a contract, to military education institutions (military faculties), draft boards are created as part of medical commissions.
- Medical commissions, based on the results of medical examination of conscripts and citizens entering military service under a contract, to military educational institutions, give conclusions on the degree of their fitness for military service.
The procedure for medical examination and the composition of medical commissions are determined by the Rules of military medical examination.