Pass to heading

How foreigners can obtain a work permit in Kazakhstan Printable version

Last update: 24.11.2020

If you are a foreigner and decide to work on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan, then in this article we will show you what you need to do to obtain a permit.

To cross the state border of the Republic of Kazakhstan, you will need a valid national passport, after which the border service will put a stamp in your passport when crossing the state border.

All further procedures, including obtaining a temporary residence permit, issuing an IIN (if necessary) and obtaining a work permit from an individual, are carried out at the Public Service Center (PSC).

Registration at the place of temporary stay

The Law of December 27, 2019 "On Amendments and Additions to Certain Legislative Acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan on Improving Criminal, Criminal Procedure Laws and Strengthening the Protection of Personal Rights" canceled temporary registration for all categories of foreigners entering the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Foreigners arriving in Kazakhstan have the right to stay for up to 30 days without obtaining a temporary residence permit.
For a period of more than 30 days (for work, study, treatment, business immigrants, as well as for the purpose of family reunification and missionary work), a temporary residence permit is issued.

Registration of IIN for payment of state fees

To obtain a work permit, it is necessary to find an employer on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan and conclude an employment contract. Citizens of the Republics of Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Azerbaijan, Moldova, Georgia and Ukraine have the right to work for individuals without receiving benefits. EAEU citizens (Russia, Kyrgyzstan, Belarus, Armenia) carry out labor activities on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan without obtaining a permit on the basis of an employment contract.
To pay the state fee, citizens of Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Azerbaijan, Moldova, Georgia and Ukraine must obtain an IIN (individual identification number).
To do this, you need to contact the PSC. To do this, an immigrant needs to have a national passport with him.

Obtaining a work permit

To obtain a work permit, you must first provide a certificate of medical examination of a foreigner about the absence of diseases, the presence of which prohibits the entry of foreigners and stateless persons into the Republic of Kazakhstan, photo, video, fingerprint registration, pay state fees for passing these procedures and get health insurance.
Medical insurance can be obtained in the same place at the MSS or in the migration service.
For photo, video, fingerprinting registration, the migration service will give you a referral to a criminalist, after going through the procedures, from whom you will receive a certificate.
As a result, by submitting a national passport, medical certificates, a criminalist's certificate, a receipt for payment of state fees, medical insurance to the Public Service Center or the Migration Service, you will receive a work permit within one working day. The term of the permit depends on the period for which the state fee is paid, but not more than three months.

Extension of the work permit

The permit can be extended for up to one year. To do this, you need to write an application, provide the migration service with a primary work permit, a copy of the employment contract and a receipt for payment of the state duty.


Total visitors per month:
Total visitors for yesterday:
Now on the portal:

Спасибо, информация об ошибке принята.

Извините, в данный момент информация об ошибке не может быть обработана.
Попробуйте позже.