On January 10, 2018, the First President of Kazakhstan, Elbasy, noted in his message to the people of Kazakhstan that it is necessary to increase the availability and efficiency of medical care through the integration of information systems, the use of mobile digital applications, the introduction of eHealth passports and the transition to "paperless" hospitals. Taking into account the instructions of the Head of State, the Ministry together with experts and representatives of the business community have developed new approaches to digitalization of healthcare.
The essence of the new approach is to shift from digitalization in disease care to integrated digitalization of the entire human health ecosystem.
A key factor in ensuring health is a healthy lifestyle and the ability to obtain reliable and useful information: how to improve and maintain health, how to get quality health services.
Thus, the health ecosystem is built around the interests of the patient and is segmented in 4 directions:
Automation of public services
According to the Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated April 22, 2019 № 217 "On Amendments and Additions to the Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated September 18, 2013 № 983" On Approval of the Register of Public Services (hereinafter - the Resolution) in the health sector, 50 public services are provided, of which 50 are public services:
It should be noted that they also provide public services:
Digitalization effects for 2018
- - the number of visits to the outpatient clinic was reduced by half;
- - live queues were reduced by half;
- - 50% time saving;
- - 2.5 times less time to obtain research results;
New technologies in healthcare
- Online monitoring of the patient's health
- Artificial Intelligence Analysis
- Remote diagnosis of patients
- Labeling and traceability of medicines, medical devices, medical products and equipment (blockchain)
- In case of a positive solution to the issue of financing, the use of artificial intelligence technologies (IBM Watson for Oncology) in establishing a treatment plan for cancer patients across the country
- Introduction of remote condition monitoring
- Personalized medicine (genomics)
- Integration of artificial intelligence system with EHDS (automatic system of analysis and detection of patterns with possible diseases)
- Machine training and artificial intelligence in medical care (analysis of the use of medication, medical devices, medical products, planning and optimization of GVFMC and CSHI)
- Prediction of morbidity
- Using BLOCKCHAIN technology to store clinical data