Military service contract in Kazakhstan Printable versionLast update: 06.04.2020
Military service contract - is not only a special kind of public service, it is the authoritative work, giving the prospects for professional growth, providing social protection both for soldier and for his family. Our article will be useful not only for those people who are just going to join the ranks of civil servants under the contract, but also for those who concerned with the question of what constitutes a service contract and what opportunities it provides.
You have decided to join the ranks of the military servicemen under the contract
Military service under the contract is realized on a voluntary basis. The soldier, who has expressed a desire to enter the military service under the contract, must be a citizen of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Persons entering the military service under the contract must meet the following requirements:
- have the nationality of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- have the necessary personal, moral and professional qualities, the level of education, suitable for health reasons for military service;
- be at least eighteen years old, with the exception of cadets, cadets, and not later than reaching the age limit for military service:
for the first time entering the military service under the contract or appointing the composition of soldiers (sailors) and junior sergeants - fifteen years;
for appointment to the positions of junior officer and senior sergeant - ten years;
to the position of senior officer or senior sergeant - five years;
- to serve compulsory military service or to pass training at the military department of higher education institution or military training in specialized organizations of the Ministry of defence to prepare military trained reserve, with the exception of women.
Military service under the contract in our country is available for reserve officers, cadets and students of military schools, warrant officers with higher education. Soldiers, sailors, sergeants and petty officers who have completed military service and a secondary professional education may contract for the position of warrant officer.
At the moment, about 10% of contractors are females. Women are employed on the position of operators, communicators, medical, financial workers and other professions.
For admission to service under the contract you must contact the local military authorities (military enlistment office) at the place of residence.
The enrollment procedure for contract service consists of the following steps:
- collecting and acceptance of documents required for admission;
- passing of medical examination;
- determination of physical preparation level;
- determination of professional preparation level;
- checking of psychological fitness;
List of documents required for admission to service under the contract
Application, where the following is indicated:
- Surname, name, patronymic of a citizen, date, month and year of birth, place of residence;
- name of authorized body with which a citizen wishes to make a contract, military unit (state agency);
- the period for which the contract is expected to be concluded;
- personal data;
- personal data;
- Personally written autobiography;
- Original and a copy of the document identifying citizenship and ID card;
- Copies of education documents (notarized in case of non-provision of originals for verification);
- A copy of the employment record, if any;
- Reference on criminal record;
- Certificate of acceptance by the tax authority of income declaration;
- Characteristics from the last place of service (work or study);
Medical examination of candidates
It is carried out by a permanent medical commission of the local executive body of the region, a city of national importance, the capital, cities and districts.
The selection board of education verify the compliance candidate’s education of military profession to military post on which he is considered.
Activities in professional and psychological selection are conducted by appropriate professionals. Therewith they estimate the level of intellectual development, psychological fitness for military service, professional and personal qualities of surveyed candidates required for military service.
According to the results of the psychological selection there are following conclusions on the suitability of the candidate for military service under the contract :
- "Not recommended";
In the case of the conclusion "conditionally recommended" candidate has the opportunity to re-pass psychological screening.
If you are currently serving on the call-up and wish to enroll for military service under the contract, you must submit a report to the commander of the military unit.
The commander of a military unit is considering the report and make a decision within 10 working days.
The commander of the military unit, having considered the report gives following instruction:
- to pass medical examination of the candidate;
- to conduct a professional and psychological selection;
- to conduct a special audit in order;
- to conduct psycho-physiological and polygraph examination;
- to check the compliance with the level of education, skills and physical fitness of the candidate;
- to consider the candidature of military men by the attestation commission of the military unit.
The decision of compliance with the requirements is made by military unit commander and approved by his immediate superior.
Military service under the contract is not available for the following citizens:
- recognized by the court as incompetent or incapacitated;
- having a disease that prevents the performance of military service duties in accordance with the conclusion of the Military Medical Commission;
- deprived of the right to hold public office for a certain period of time;
- refused to assume the restrictions established by laws related to the stay of a serviceman in military service, and anti-corruption restrictions established by the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On Combating Corruption";
- having a criminal record that was not canceled or not withdrawn in accordance with the procedure established by law;
- previously convicted or released from criminal liability for the commission of a crime on the basis of paragraphs 3), 4), 9), 10) and 12) of the first part of Article 35 or Article 36 of the Code of Criminal Procedure of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- for which, within three years prior to entering the military service, an administrative penalty was imposed for the commission of a corruption offense;
- committed a corruption crime;
- not past a psychophysiological or polygraph examination for posts whose list is approved by the head of the authorized body, or medical examination;
- in respect of which, within three years before entering the service for a criminal offense, a conviction of the court was pronounced or who, within three years before entering the service, was released from criminal liability for committing a criminal offense on the basis of paragraphs 3), 4), 9), 10) and 12) of the first part of Article 35 or Article 36 of the Code of Criminal Procedure of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- dismissed for negative reasons from the state or military service, from special state bodies, law enforcement bodies, courts and justice bodies;
- who has not undergone a special check and/or reported knowingly false information about him/her-self or his/her close relatives (parents, children, adoptive parents, adopted, full-grown and half-siblings, grandfathers, grandmothers, grandchildren) or about spouse and her/his close relatives;
- not fulfilled the standards for physical training, approved by the head of the authorized body;
- committed crime in a criminal group;
- in respect of which a criminal case of a crime in a criminal group was terminated by a criminal investigative body or a court based on paragraphs 3), 4), 9), 10) and 12) of the first part of Article 35 or Article 36 of the Code of Criminal Procedure of the Republic of Kazakhstan before the expiration of the lower limit of punishment in the form of deprivation of liberty, provided by the relevant article of the Special Part of the Criminal Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
With regard to the person entering the military service under the contract, a special check is carried out.
Grounds for refusing a person entering the military service under the contract are also:
- information distortion;
- absence of vacant positions in the military specialty of the candidate;
- negative results of psychophysiological and polygraph studies;
You have been accepted for service under the contract- make a contract!
State obligations to military personnel under the contract