Kazakhstani citizens can apply for making changes, corrections and additions to vital records on birth, marriage and divorce via the eGov.kz portal. The new service enables making changes to documents if there are sufficient grounds and there is no dispute between interested parties. For example, change of surname/name/patronymic.
Using the new service called "Introduction of changes, additions and corrections to vital records", you can apply for making changes to the vital records and re-issuance of documents by specifying the grounds and attaching supporting documents.
It is possible to introduce changes to the documents in the following cases:
- when changing a child's surname to a shared surname of parents or surname of one of the parents;
- when changing name, surname, excluding patronymic of a minor child in connection with the divorce or recognition of marriage (matrimony) invalid;
- when changing a surname to a surname derived from a name of a father or grandfather according to national traditions;
- if incorrect data is indicated in a vital record;
- when changing surname, name and patronymic.
(The complete list can be found in the Regulatuon (Clause 167 of the Civil Registry Office Rules as of February 25, 2015 and Article 257 of the Code of RK "On Marriage and Family")
"Many Kazakhstani citizens do not know that it is possible to introduce changes to the vital records via eGov.kz. Thus, you also apply for the re-issuance of a birth certificate, marriage/divorce certificate with the changes made in the documents. For instance, if previously one had to visit CSC to change a surname, now it can be done online without the need to wait in queues," said Rostislav Konyashkin, Chairman of the Board, National Information Technologies JSC.
On the eGov portal, the service can be found in the section "Homepage" - "For Citizenry" - "Family".
To submit an application for making changes, additions and corrections to vital records, one needs to:
- log in on the eGov.kz portal;
- select a relevant type of service;
- select grounds for making changes;
- select the CSC branch for certificate issuance;
- specify marital status and source of income;
- specify the number and registration date for a vital record to be changed;
- specify what changes, additions and corrections are required in a vital record;
- attach a supporting document for introducing changes;
- make a payment;
- sign a request.
The service delivery result will appear in the form of a notification in the status page and personal account of eGov.kz portal. An issued document can be obtained at CSC specified in an application.
It should be noted that the updates were implemented under the framework of the Presidential Decree on the De-Bureaucratization, the importance of which lies in digital transformation and system re-engineering of all the spheres of public administration.
The service was implemented thanks to the integration of information systems of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan, State Services Committee of the Ministry of Digital Development, Innovations and Aerospace Industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan and National Information Technologies JSC.